Friday, March 7, 2008

Redneck Snowmobiles





After our first tryst in the snow, daddy came home and joined us. The snow was still falling (and blowing!), so we dressed the kids in every piece of warm clothing we own, packed them onto the four-wheelers, and took them to Mrs. Nancy and Mr. Dick's hill to sled. The experience of driving a four-wheeler in blowing snow through a slick corn field is one to be remembered! Our tobaggans of choice were 3 cardboard boxes, the plastic bottom of our dog crate, and the bottom of some sort of rubbermaid storage box. The rubbermaid broke rather quickly, and the cardboard got wet, but the bottom of the dog crate was really fast after the first couple of runs. My favorite run was when Mark and I rode down together, and narrowly missed Samuel standing in the middle of the path, only to take Izaiah out instead. We all ended up in a big pile at the bottom of the hill.


When we were at Vineyard in Fort Myers, our dear friend Wayne prayed for us to have 'belly laughs' together as we enjoy the fellowship of our family. After we got home, Mark remembered Wayne's prayer and thanked God for granting it.

5 comments:

Anonymous March 13, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

When my kids were younger the church went up to the mountains (I wasn't there...which was good!). My son got nailed by a tobaggon and it literally knocked him out of his boots AND socks.
I think garbage can lids work really well, too...

Anonymous March 22, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Vivit! He lives! Saying extra prayers on this special day.
Luke 24:44-47 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Anonymous March 27, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

So you're not going to post much over here, either, huh? :o)
Know that I continue to pray!
Psalms 62:1-2 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Anonymous April 3, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Your family is in my prayers!
Psalms 130:1-2 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

Anonymous May 15, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

I stop by every day but figure you're not even lookin' over here so I don't sign the guestbook. DO you ever look over here?
Whatever the future holds, keep your eyes on the Lord and His Word. Praying!
Philippians 4:6-8 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.