Saturday, September 27, 2008

Indian Summer



The last couple of weeks have been surprisingly normal around our home - its been a nice change. The weather has broken - cool mornings and days in the mid-80's. I know this isn't the 'true' definition of Indian Summer but it feels that way around here! We've had school at home Monday through Thursday, Friday swim classes at the YMCA, and Saturday soccer games. I have also been trying to make time to get some exercise - and when I do, I really enjoy it. We also have had time to gear up for our new community group structure -and we've added our dear friends, the Waggoners, to our group which is great fun. We have a new family living with us, the Chupps, and they are Amish. Bella and Izaiah have had so much fun riding the horses with them, and we are thrilled to see the horses out almost every day! I can't take pictures of the Amish kids, so I will share a more recent one of Bella on my mom's horse, Jasmine. (Thanks, Robin for touching it up!!) We really need to be praying for Irvin Chupp; he is very sick.


Today we took a time-out at the Bartlett Days Festival, playing with the Ottinger kids. Great fun, and we all came home ready for a nap!

2 comments:

Lynn September 27, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

Looks like you all had a great time! Love seeing the horseback riding, too.
Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying hard!
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Prayer Bears

Adam and Annie September 29, 2008 at 4:50 AM  

I love when the humidity breaks, and the days just feel good. It looks like you guys are definitely busy! I love seeing the pictures of everyone.