Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Finally, something that makes sense

I've been really careful not to start talking "election" here on the blog, or on the HFH blog. But I've been increasingly troubled by many reactions to this election and the campaigns...so many seem to be driven by foolishness and fear. For the record, it is true that I am STILL UNDECIDED. I have never believed that my faith dictates my allegiance to a particular political stance or party, and lately I have been joking that I am voting for Ron Paul.

I read this today; its an excerpt from Sarah Palin's interview with James Dobson. Its one of the first things I have heard regarding Nov 4 that makes any sense to me at all.

Dobson asked the vice presidential hopeful if she is concerned about John McCain’s sagging poll numbers, but Palin stressed that she was “not discouraged at all.”
“To me, it motivates us, makes us work that much harder,” she told the influential Christian leader, whose radio show reaches tens of millions of listeners daily. “And it also strengthens my faith because I know at the end of the day putting this in God’s hands, the right thing for America will be done, at the end of the day on Nov. 4.”


Amen, Sista! No matter what Nov 5th looks like, God is still in control! It encourages me that this woman truly believes that God's holy purpose will be accomplished, regardless of who wins this election.

3 comments:

Anonymous October 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

I keep praying ever day that the Lord's will be done with this election. No matter what it means...

This whole psalm is so good for all who are overwhelmed. Continuing to pray!
Psalms 102:1-2 (A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.
Prayer Bears

Beth E. October 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Hi!
I came over from Tonya's blog. I thought I recognized your last name. I believe you know our neighbors, who are also part of our church family...The Dietz family. Westin is their son, and has been a patient at St. Jude:
caringbridge.org/visit/westindietz

I just wanted to say "hello" and thank you for all that you do to help the families of children who are struggling with serious illnesses.

God bless you!

Lynn October 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Prayer Bears