Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rejoice!

Happy Birthday Poppy Joe!!! We love you.

Hi all!

I intended to write a post today to ask for your prayers. Although I would still love it if you would pray, primarily I would love to share how God is meeting Mark and I right in the midst of trouble this day.

First of all, I won't go into great detail, but Mark and I are experiencing stress and pressure in really all areas of our ministry life right now. We have children that we have loved dearly that are in the process of dying, we are at that point in the year when churches renew their funding (and with the economy we know our funding will likely decrease), we are experiencing some struggles within our team...and yet some great advances as well. Of course, as we close in on the holidays, we are missing Gary (Mark's dad) more every day. I can't begin to imagine how Margaret must feel - and it hurts us to be away from her.

Yesterday, Gretchen posted a few new items she had created that were for sale. I quickly contacted her and told her I wanted to purchase this:























I just love it, and it gave me joy right away. And just to know that my sweet friend made it makes it all the better. Last night, when Mark came home from his men's group, he grabbed my OLD Streams in the Desert devotional off the shelf. He had bought it for me when I was pregnant for bella. We read through some of the prayers that I had written in there several years ago, and it gave us peace. This morning, I grabbed it off the bedside table and found this for November 20:

Blessed is he that waiteth. Daniel 12:12

Wait in faith. Express your unstaggering confidence in Him. Believe that if He keeps you tarrying even till midnight, yet He will come at the right time; the vision shall come, and shall not tarry.

Obviously the waiting part is so timely, but this: "the vision shall come and shall not tarry" is taken from Habbakuk 2:3, which happens to be one of the verses the Lord spoke to Mark through a Garifuna woman in Honduras in 2005 (call mark if you want to hear that story!).

And then I sat down and read over Mark's shoulder; he has been faithful to move forward in reading the bible cover to cover this year. The Psalm today was Psalm 118:19-27

Open for me the gates of righteousness;
I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.
This is the gate of the LORD, through which the righteous may enter.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me;

you have become my salvation.
The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone;
the LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.


This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

O LORD, save us; O LORD, grant us success.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
From the house of the LORD we bless you.
The LORD is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession up to the horns of the altar.


So I wake this morning knowing that the Lord is with us, that He reigns, and His peace and rest is with me.

5 comments:

Adam and Annie November 20, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

Oh Mylissa, your blog totally spoke to me today. I don't know if it's this time of year or what, but we've been feeling the heaviness too. We'll definitely be keeping you guys in prayer. It's an amazing thing to know that someone else is in control and that nothing is a surprise to Him. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have that knowledge, and yet it's so easy for my eyes to be shifted just slightly and suddenly, I'm grasping at life trying to keep it all in control. We've been dealing with that struggle lately, I think it's a forever struggle to remain completely released. It seems like God's totally meeting you in His word and your readings (I love streams in the desert!). He's so good to reveal himself in such a prevalent way when we need just that extra bit of encouragement.

Tonya November 20, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

Hey there, Friend!

I'm so glad that GOD gave you "a word" in the midst of your struggles. I seriously cannot fathom what one day in your shoes must be like. (Although, I'm not so happy to be in MY shoes either.. LOL) Seriously, though... you guys just keep putting your hearts out there... I don't know how you do it.

We will continue to lift you up as you deal with day to day situations. I'll also especially remember you guys as you face the holidays. I'm dreading them myself! (Grief and nausea sweep over me when I walk into a place that's all "decked out" for Christmas) It seems the sights and sounds of the season suddenly bring back so many terrible memories.

I SO WISH we were there to help take care of YOU every once in a while..

Oh, did I mention how BLESSED we were to see you? (We miss you all too)

Okay, I'm gonna go and see if I can get started on that note now.
=-)

I LOVE YOU!
Tonya

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

The Lord knows exactly what's going on there...praying like crazy for all your needs!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prayer Bears

April November 22, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

Hi Mylssia,

I'm visiting from Tonya'a blog. She mentioned you and your family on her post for today, so I wanted to drop over and say hello. We used to live in Collierville, TN. I would drive by St. Jude all the time on the way to see my family in Arkansas.

I just want to say thank you for all you're doing to reach out to those who are hurting. It's because of people like you that this world in on it's way to being a better place. God Bless!!

Anonymous November 26, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

Holidays can be hard for so many different reasons. Saying extra prayers right now.
Colossians 3:15-17 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Prayer Bears