Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year

Some of you have received our New Year's card by now, and so I thought I would put a little update on the beginning of 2009 if you are checking in. Since we have been home from New York, we have welcomed a new team member to Habitat for Hope, reconnected after the holidays with some of our families and with Andy and Ginny, and had a short visit from my parents. Mark has been in the process of getting ready to lead us on our very first staff retreat in a few weekends. We will travel to Mt Ida, Arkansas with our two other staff couples and the Waggoners, who will come with to enjoy the trip and help the the kiddos. It should be a good time! We are looking forward to it. The kids have started back to school and are honoring me by pressing forward. The promise of lots of new Christmas toys to play with certainly helps. We are doing some renovation and deep cleaning to the house - we have a family from Ecuador moving in next week - and are restocking and prettying up our downtown apartments as well. We have a new family whose two oldest children stay here in the evenings with us; they are from Bolivia. Their youngest sister relapsed recently with ALL. They are precious people and we have really enjoyed getting to know them!
In February, Mark and I will head down to Greenwood, MS to cash in his Christmas present - the kids and I gave him a cooking session at the Viking Cooking School. He's decided to take me along and have a little overnight toghether. I am looking forward to it! The kids are all playing basketball, which has been...a sight to see. They are enjoying it, which is the important thing. Hope January is treating you well!

8 comments:

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Lots going on there...as usual. That trip to MS, that's not anywhere near Tonya, is it?
Continuing to pray in Seattle!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you have a FANTASTIC day!

These verses are so comforting. Know that I'm praying!
Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

So?! How was your birthday?!
Praying right now!
Psalms 4:6-8 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Susan January 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Hey Mylissa,

Oh my, I love your new look!!! I'm so glad you are blogging now.

I now have Jordan's apt. pushed back till MAY! (I think?) We have 3 trips planned in April. They could not get 3 days in a row at the Jude for March. We'll see.

Rick plans on driving up this time.

I LOVE your sewing projects, how cool. I used to sew when my boys were your children's age. They had matching P.J's, I did curtains, and some crafty things like you are doing, it was therapy. I miss those days...

Blessings my friend♥

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Hope Mark's better!
Praying right now!
Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Jessie January 18, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

i am inspired w/ how much you guys travel. lately we avoid going even to the grocery store b/c of the effort it takes to get everyone out the door.

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

We have such amazing eyewitness testimony of Jesus and just a fraction of what He did while He was visibly present here on earth. Look only to Him! Praying!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous January 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Saying extra prayers for you tonight!
Psalms 34:17-19 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Prayer Bears
My email address