Monday, April 27, 2009

Anne of Green Gables

Confession: Book Reports (notice the capitals) scare me. I've never really determined their use in homeschooling - maybe I'm an idiot, but since my kids insist on recounting EVERY book they've read while we are folding laundry (or more commonly, when I am trying to send HFH emails), I sort of figured we were OK. We also do a fair amount of narration and copywork, so I've hoped we were covering our bases.
And then today in Bella's non-homeschool Barnes-and-Noble-on-sale grammar workbook, she had to write a book report. I figured I would let her have at it - and this is what we've got.

Anne of Avonlea
The book Anne of Green Gables is written by a great author named Lucy Maud Montgomery. It's a great book about Anne Shirley whose parents died when she was four. She then gets to stay at someone's house for a few years, then when she turns eleven she goes to an orphanage. She stays there for three months. Then the Cuthberts adopt her! Anne is a very lively girl and is always getting herself into scrapes. Once a little girl named Minnie May got very sick; Anne knew exactly what to do and saved her life! When Anne turned 14 she went to Queens (which is where she learned to teach school). Read this book and share it with a friend.
Not bad! A few homophone issues and puctuation errors in the first draft, but I think she's got it.

3 comments:

Jan April 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

beautifully done! i always made my students' book reports fun...dress up presentations, art something, etc.

Adam and Annie April 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

Love it. My sisters and I LOVED the Anne of Green Gables movies. When I was sick with morning sickness a marathon of it was on PBS and I watched hours of them. It was the best day ever!

Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Great job!
I signed up to read books for this Christian website and am supposed to write reviews on them...I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but the site owner keeps sending me the books so I keep reading them and reviewing them...
Know that the Lord is always with you whatever happens! Praying!
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Prayer BearsMy email address