Friday, June 20, 2008

trying new things...

I figured Izaiah deserved his own blog post as well. This week, we ate this week with the Steers at Bluefin. For some time, Izaiah has bravely tried Sushi with us, and now has decided its one of his faves. He chomped down a couple of tuna sashimi, shrimp nigiri, and two or three pieces of California roll. I really wish I had pictures to prove this.

Tonight, we tried a new place - Casablanca. I had been in a funk all day, and there is one cure for that in my world: Mediterranean food. For those of you that don't know, I am half Lebanese. My 'real' surname is Ibrahim - it was changed to Abraham at Ellis Island. So, we gave this place a shot. The Baba Ghanoush was excellent, and the lamb was fresh and tender. Izaiah, the foodie he is, bravely ate ALL of his Falafel pita (after I kept calling them hush puppies). We even had an interesting time talking to the owner about how maybe some day all three world religions will get along in the middle east. Somewhere in there he referenced Cat Stevens. He is from Jerusalem.

We are proud of you, Izaiah! We appreciate your willingness to try new things.

4 comments:

Anonymous June 20, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

Braver than I would be!
Still here praying!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Anonymous June 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

Know that I care so much and continue to pray!
Isaiah 63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Praying hard at this end!
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Anonymous July 2, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

This whole psalm is so good for all who are overwhelmed. Continuing to pray!
Psalms 102:1-2 ((A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.)) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.