Monday, August 18, 2008

TOUCHDOWN!!!

The first day of school has OFFICIALLY been completed! I should have taken a picture, but words will have to do. We got through our "we love our siblings" scripture pages (tongue in cheek), grammar, reading, math, history and science with little fuss. In a week or two, we will start English from the Roots Up - memorization of Greek and Latin roots. Bella has started a writing program this year - Writing Strands - and I think we are going to enjoy it! She loves to write stories, but usually lacks a antagonist. Come on, whats a good story without some conflict?

4 comments:

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Congratulations! Hope all continues to go well!
What a blessing to know we can pour out our heart to the Lord!
Psalms 62:5-8 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Prayer Bears

Jessie August 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

i'm not sure how you're doing it, mylissa. that sounds exhausting.

Anonymous August 20, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

The Lord will be with you always! I'll be here praying!
Colossians 3:15-16 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Prayer Bears

Adam and Annie August 28, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

So it sounds like you're home-schooling. That's amazing. Of course Adam and I can't wait to start our family, but it's such a blessing to be able to see and learn from those friends who have gone before us. You guys are so great!