Thursday, August 14, 2008

End of Summer projects

I hope the tail end of summer is treating you well! The last 10 days or so in Memphis has been much cooler (in the high 80's and low 90's), and we've been enjoying it! I started thinking during the winter about updating the planting beds in front of the house. The azaleas that were there had been there for many years, but only bloomed once a year. They looked sort of dismal the rest of the year. Here are the plants as they were ready to go in the ground. The first picture is the left side, and the next is the right. There is a perennial garden in the front, and butterfly bushes that will flag the steps. I thought I had a picture of hte finished product - I will post one soon!




Obviously, we are still celebrating our recent appointment at St Jude. Here is Bella enjoying her milkshake after her visit.




August 6th was Izaiah's GOLDEN birthday...turning 6 on the 6th! He had a great day -bowling with the Ottinger kids, a stop at Toys R Us and cake with the Beamons, Joni, and Ginny and Andy! And the best present of all - Mom-mom flew in to surprise him for his birthday! He was so happy for her to do that just for him.

And school will start in earnest for my kiddos monday. I am committing to doing a few "healthy" things for me this year, and so far I have started exercising again and sewing a little bit. Here are my latest creations; I found some decorator remnants at a shop in Canadaigua while we were in NY. Now that I look at this picture, I realize I some fixing to do, but I really enjoyed making these!

Blessings to all of you, and thanks for checking up on us here!

In Christ,
Mylissa



4 comments:

Anonymous August 14, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

Sounds like you've been having a good summer. Your yard looks wonderful! The party looks like it was tons of fun and oh the malt! I need to get me one of those sometime! Still thrilled about the results!
We have hope because of Christ and His resurrection! Praying!
2 Corinthians 4:13-15 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
Prayer Bears

Caw of the Crow August 15, 2008 at 6:01 AM  

Mylissa!!!! SO cute... I love them!! You are a WAY better sewer than I am!!! LOL!! I HATE to sew!!! Do you believe that? I can't wait for the dolls to be all sewn so I can Start the FUN stuff!
Yours is beautiful!! LOVE IT!!!
ALL the pics to the flowers, birthday parties, ice cream are such a blessing!! I love the picture of Miss Bella.. It just screams..HOOORAY for ME!!!
We will talk to you soon!!
Love ya!!
Gretchen

Adam and Annie August 15, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

Your flowers look so pretty, I'm sure they are even more beautiful in the ground! I love that you are starting sewing again. You were always so amazing at it. Adam got me a new sewing machine for my birthday, but with the move and all I still haven't gotten a chance to get it out. You've inspired me to start a new project!

Jessie August 16, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

i so wish that sewing didn't make me want to throw myself out a window. i just love fabric. beautiful job on those. i'll never forget the butterfly patchwork overalls you made for kiersten. you should sell some stuff on etsy. although you seem like you have your hands full already.