Sunday, November 2, 2008

My kids weigh in on the Election

Several weeks ago, Bella: "Mom, who are you voting for?"
"I don't know yet, Bella."
"Well I think you should vote for McCain."
"Why?"
"Cause Sammie says Obama's not a Christian. I am voting for McCain."

This morning, Samuel: "Mom, I like Obama."
"Why, Sam?"
"Cause Izaiah likes him."

Me to Izaiah: "Son, why do want Obama to win?"
"I dont know...[about 50 times]."
"Is it because he's African American?"
"No...its because he always has a big smile on his face. I always have a big smile on my face."

Hmmmm. How 1960.

1 comments:

Lynn November 2, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Today I took my 18 year old's ballot to the post office. What an amazing thing! Praying so that the LORD'S WILL be done on Tuesday!
This is a wonderful chapter. Full of so much comfort! Know that I'm still here praying!
Psalms 116:1-5 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
Prayer Bears