Monday, June 1, 2009

The Calendar

One of the ways I am staying motivated with working out this go-round is with my trusty calendar. If I was better at using our scanner, I would show it to you, but its basically a simple calendar that tells me I have to work out 3 times a week, at least. The days I do something, I write it in that block, and I can track my progess. So the humilating but highly effective part of the calendar? REWARDS. Yes. Stealing from the chore system we recently implemented for the kids, I chose to allow myself small rewards on the Saturday after each two week period. I have just completed my first month using the calendar, and I can tell you it's helping. And the best part is that I am not even looking for the reward at this point - its just a nice reminder that I am staying on track. At the end of June I get to buy myself new jeans - my favs :).

0 comments: